“Advance Parole”

Jurisdiction: United States United States

Advance parole allows you to travel back to the United States without applying for a visa. A transportation company (such as an airline) can accept an advance parole document instead of a visa as proof that you are authorized to travel to the United States. An advance parole document does not replace your passport. In most cases, you must have your advance parole document before you depart the United States.

Source: USCIS Glossary, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services