Jurisdiction: Canada Canada

A report by a social worker, psychologist, or psychiatrist who gathers information about your family for a judge. The assessment is a professional evaluation about the best interests of your children.

Source: Glossary - Making plans: A guide to parenting arrangements after separation or divorce, Department of Justice Canada