“Civil Surgeon”

Jurisdiction: United States United States

A medically trained and licensed physician having no less than 4 years’ experience who is designated by USCIS to perform immigration medical exams in a state where the physician is licensed and practicing medicine. For medical examinations performed abroad, please see panel physician

IMPORTANT: Medical examinations will not be recognized if they are given by a doctor in the U.S. who is not a civil surgeon. Please make sure that your appointment is with a civil surgeon, or your results and documents will be invalid.

Source: USCIS Glossary, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services