“Clerk of the House of Commons”

Jurisdiction: Canada Canada

Advises the Speaker and Members of the House of Commons on parliamentary procedure and practice and sits at a table in front of the Speaker in the Chamber. The Clerk is the most senior permanent officer of the Commons and is responsible for keeping the official record of proceedings, preparing Commons documents and supervising the procedural officers and clerks.

Source: Glossary of Parliamentary Terms for Intermediate Students, Parliament of Canada