Jurisdiction: Canada Canada

Court-ordered time that a person who is special to a child but is not their parent—such as a grandparent—spends with that child.

Source: Glossary - Making plans: A guide to parenting arrangements after separation or divorce, Department of Justice Canada
Jurisdiction: Canada Canada

Contact refers to time the child spends with a parent after separation or divorce.

Source: Glossary - Managing Contact Difficulties: A Child-Centred Approach (2003-FCY-5E), Department of Justice Canada