Jurisdiction: Canada Canada

A person who is trained to give advice or guidance on personal issues, such as parenting after separation or divorce. Counsellors may have backgrounds in such fields as social work or psychology.

Source: Glossary - Making plans: A guide to parenting arrangements after separation or divorce, Department of Justice Canada