“Panel Physician”

Jurisdiction: United States United States

A medically trained, licensed and experienced doctor practicing overseas who is appointed by the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate. These medical professionals receive U.S. immigration-focused training to provide examinations as required by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. For medical examinations given in the U.S., please see civil surgeon.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your appointment is with a civil surgeon or your results and documents will be invalid.

Source: USCIS Glossary, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services