“Re-entry Permit”

Jurisdiction: United States United States

Permanent or conditional residents should apply for a re-entry permit if they will be outside the United States for one year or more. A valid re-entry permit allows you to apply for admission to the U.S. without having to get a returning resident visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Source: USCIS Glossary, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services