Jurisdiction: United States United States

To place a paper in the official custody of the clerk of court to enter into the files or records of a case.

Source: United States Courts
Jurisdiction: New Zealand New Zealand

Formally lodging an application or other document at court.

Source: New Zealand Ministry of Justice